Thursday, September 10, 2009

Teaching on the First Class.



To get the semester started off right, Professor Yang had us students get right into teaching for our first class. At first it came as a little bit of a shock to me, but once we got started it didn't turn out too bad. After watching the video of myself teaching for the first time, i noticed some things that could use some changing. Even though i was excited to get right into teaching, i was also nervous. That nervousness showed in my body language and my voice. Through this class, and given more time to prepare, I wouldn't have been quite so nervous. As time goes on, I will be able to gain confidence in myself so I can show more excitement and enthusiasm in my teaching.

When it comes time to teach my own class, i plan on making the class as enjoyable as possible. I plan to do that using things such as music and getting involved with the students as much as possible. Also, being more energetic when teaching will keep the class exciting and help students stay alert and attentive.

No comments:

Post a Comment