Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Teaching Round 2



For my second teaching experience, i was much less nervous, and more prepared than the first time. I decided to teach how to correctly throw and catch a football for my mini lesson. This time around I provided a couple good cues for both throwing and catching. During the throwing and catching, I provided feedback to the students who looked like they were having some trouble. After everyone looked like they could correctly throw and catch, I made things a little more challenging by having the students switch to their non-dominant hand. Since playing throw and catch can loose its excitement very fast, I decided to make things entertaining for the students. I had them combine groups to form two groups of four. With that, i had the students run short routes, with defenders on both the passer and the receiver.

Overall, I think that this mini lesson went a lot better then first, but there were still some things I need to work on. One thing that i did not do too well was hooking my students into my mini lesson. The other things that I need to work on are using a louder voice and showing more enthusiasm when teaching. I think that over time, the more practice I get, will help me correct those flaws that I'm experiencing right now. I am excited for my next opportunity to teach again.
Here is my time coding form to break down my mini lesson to show activity, instruction, management, and wait times.

1 comment:

  1. I think that you did a very nice job on this teaching lesson. You can see that you are getting more into the teaching. Your voice was nice and clear and could really understand you. The cues that you gave were simple which is what we want. Nice at giving feedback but also don't forget to give feedback that is good too not just negative. You used a harder task when you knew what the students could do that was very good. I think that you just need to break out and let lose. Go crazy if you can and show that you want to be there kids will love that and go for you.

    ReplyDelete